* Policies with insurers not licensed to do business in New Hampshire or those whose license may be suspended, revoked, not renewed or voluntarily withdrawn.
* Policies or contracts issued by:
a nonprofit hospital or medical service organization
a health maintenance organization
a fraternal benefit society
a mandatory state pooling plan
a mutual assessment company or any entity that operates on an assessment basis
an insurance exchange
any entity similar to any of the above
* Any portion of a policy or contract not guaranteed by the insurer or for which the policyholder bears the risk.
* Reinsurance, unless assumption certificates have been issued
* Interest rate yields that exceed an average rate
* Any self-funded or uninsured plan or program of an employer, association or similar entity including, but not limited to benefits under:
* a multiple-employer welfare arrangement
* a minimum premium group insurance plan
* a stop-loss group insurance plan
* an administrative services only contract
* A policy or contract providing any hospital, medical, prescription drug or other health care benefits commonly known as Medicare Part C and D
Certain, less commonly known insurance policies and arrangements not listed here are also not protected. If you are unsure about whether your policy is excluded from guaranty association coverage, you should review the current Guaranty Association Act.